Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Heather Fritz in "Today's Bride" Magazine




It's always exciting when my work gets published on a national level but I was especially proud that Melanie and Martin's special day became a full page feature in the Spring/Summer issue of "Today's Bride". They had a very small intimate winter wedding at the Old Mill in Downtown Toronto.

I'm always fond of saying that I don't mind being hired to cover a shorter portion of the day (I was only with this couple and their family for 3 hours that day) because it is a refreshing way to look at wedding coverage. As a photographer you are challenged to create a full story in a shorter period of time. Add a little extra pressure knowing that the bride is a trained photographer herself and I worked hard to stretch my creative muscles that day.

Funny thing is, my favourite images from the day are the ones where I didn't try very hard and Mel and Martin probably weren't even aware I was there...well, isn't that always the way.




Happy Anniversary next month you two. Thanks for being my newest celebrity couple!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats :)