Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The wonderful world of us!

Every year I photograph dozens of babies and numerous weddings. I often get asked, "doesn't it make you want to have more?" (babies), "doesn't it make you want to do it all over again?" (wedding).

The answer is no!

While I almost always fall a little bit in love with my clients (the sweet shock of red hair of one little girl, the gentle kiss a groom gives his grandmother, the way a mom tears up when she sees her baby through my eyes), I have everything I need and will ever need packaged up in my own little family.

This past year has been about me figuring out how to live in my moments with my own joy, "grow where I'm planted" as my ever-wise fridge magnet advises. My package of crazy goodness includes two sprogs who, as different as they are, would kill for each other and are thriving under my odd sense of parenting cum wolf-raising. Then there's a legally-bound mate who does everything in his ability to live merrily on the edge of Heather's World without getting sucked into the vortex (he's holding his own).

Spilling out from that is the Fritz and Metzger extended families that add so much to this wee clan. I love living closer to the FAM and can't wait to fall into Hank and Janet's waiting arms (despite the fact that they have replaced me with a 7 lb dog named after a rubber cartoon character) and enjoy the holiday season for everything it represents to me: family, food, love and highly competitive Chinese gift exchanges!

However you celebrate, enjoy your holiday season! If you are alone, there`s a space for you at Hank and Janet`s table. (I`m not kidding.)

Thanks for being a page or a chapter in my book this year. See you in 2011 with all the photo shoots I didn`t have a chance to blog and all the awesome new workshops and projects we have in the works!

PEACE ON EARTH-BRUCE IS BORN!
(Australian joke that I don`t quite understand but enjoy anyway!)

No comments: