Friday, September 09, 2011

Danika Lorèn & Mark Turner (nationally acclaimed artists)

I cried when I first heard soprano, Danika Lorèn sing and pianist, Mark Turner play. It was a little embarrassing because I was in a room full of professionals, Opera supporters and generally cultured people. (but not so embarrassing that I won't begin this blog post with the fact). I have photographed Danika and Mark through various Saskatoon Opera related events and by the time we met to do this photoshoot0 to promote their concert it was a curious thing to capture their unyielding talents mixed with their BIG BIG personalities. Congratulations to them both. Danika (accompanied by Mark) won Nations (voice) and continues to bring audiences to their feet (and to tears) as she performs and pursues her studies in Toronto. Mark is home-based and teaches out of Saskatoon.






No comments: